Chocolate chip cookies sweetened with SteviaSunday, April 12th, 2009
This recipe is from “The Stevia Cookbook” by Ray Sahelian, MD and Donna Gates.
2 cups all purpose flour (you can also try substituting spelt, kamut, or other gluten-free flours)
3/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp white stevia powder
1 tsp vanilla flavouring
1 cup salted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Sift together flour, salt & baking powder into medium mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Place egg, stevia & vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat well with wooden spoon or mixer. Slowly add butter while continuing to beat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture one 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop heaping teaspoons of batter on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
Just one word of warning about baking with stevia: make sure you don’t use more than the recipe calls for or it will ruin the batch of cookies. Otherwise, this makes a great cookies - enjoy!